In order to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our participants, we follow these “House Guidelines” regardless of where the group has gathered. All of the children, teens and adults participating in our programming know, understand, and abide by these “House Guidelines.”
- What I hear here and what I see here stays here. It’s only my story to tell.
I Pass Rule
- I can pass if I don’t want to talk.
- I’ll treat others the way I want them to treat me. I’ll leave my cell phone or hand-held games at home.
- I’ll respect other people’s bodies, feelings and objects.
- I’ll listen to others and they’ll listen to me. I’ll play carefully with toys and games.
I’ll be safe while I play.
- I’ll stay with an adult at all times. I’ll only walk in the hallways.
Stop and I mean it.
- I can ask others to stop if I feel unsafe or afraid.
- No throwing hard objects.
- I’ll only toss soft objects.
- If it’s wet and not yours, don’t touch it.
- I’ll ask if I’d like to see someone else’s art project.