About the the Bourbon and the Auction
The O.F.C. Bourbon that is being auctioned is a part of philanthropic efforts by Buffalo Trace Distillery of Frankfort, Kentucky.
Only 200 bottles of bourbon dating back to 1980, 1982 and 1983 will be released. These first vintages of O.F. C. Bourbon Whiskey are being offered exclusively to non-profit organizations at no charge in order to raise money for their causes. Erin’s House for Grieving Children in Fort Wayne, IN is honored to be one of the selected charities.
O.F.C. stands for Old Fashioned Copper, which was the original distillery that was founded in 1870 by Master Distiller, Col. EH Taylor Jr., has also been run by George T. Stagg, and is still owned and operated by Buffalo Trace today.
Our bottle, which was distilled and barreled in 1982 is bottle number 45 of 50 bottles in the entire world with this recipe and aging. Bottles like this single bottle of Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey have been valued at approximately $10,000.
Why Support Erin’s House?
The impacts of unresolved grief can have a lasting effect on an individual’s life. Erin’s House is dedicated to providing a safe place for children, teens and young adults to grieve and remember their loved one in a healthy and constructive way.
Erin’s House is the only stand-alone facility, in the state of Indiana, dedicated to providing peers support groups for children, teens, young adults, and their families, that have suffered the death of a loved one. We provide on-site peer support, telephone support, in-school programming, three age-specific camps and community education. All at no charge for the services they need.
You make all of this possible, which is made possible through fundraising opportunities such as this.
Contributions made through this fundraiser will go to support our onsite peer support groups, three age specific camps and our growing in-school programming and education.
Bidding Rules and Regulations
Read All Rules Before bidding!
By bidding on the O.F.C. 1982 Bourbon, Bottle No. 45/50 (the “Bourbon”), you acknowledge that you are over 21 years old at the time of your bid and have read and agree to all of the following auction rules:
- You must be 21 years of age at the time of your bid. Before the sale is complete, the winning bidder must provide to Erin’s House valid identification, as well as any other information reasonably requested by Erin’s House to verify the age of the winning bidder.
- A bid is a legally binding agreement that you will pay the amount of such bid to Erin’s House for Grieving Children.
- Deleting and/or withdrawing bids is not allowed.
- Bidding will close at 12:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday February 28, 2017.
- If someone bids within the last 5 minutes of the auction, the auction end time is extended 5 minutes. Should someone bid after the original end time and before the new end time, the new auction end time is extended 5 minutes from this new bid. This auction ends once 5 minutes has passed without a bid. This is often referred to as the “Popcorn Rule”.
- Minimum bid increment is $100
- Bidding starts at $2500.
- We will honor a “Buy It Now” bid of $7,500 when the bidder comments “Buy It Now: $7,500”, so long as the highest bid received at the time of such “Buy It Now” bid is less than $7,500. The auction will then close when credit card payment is received. Should a bid equal to or greater than $7,500 be received at any time during the auction, the foregoing “Buy It Now” bid will no longer be accepted.
- All sales are final, and the sale of the Bourbon is “as is”, “where is”, with all defects and faults. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. Erin’s House has attempted to describe the Bourbon correctly, but neither warrants nor represents, and in no even shall be responsible for, the correctness of the description of the Bourbon. Erin’s House makes no warranty of merchantability or fitness of the Bourbon for any purpose, and any and all other warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
- The value of the Bourbon set forth herein is an estimate of fair market value only.
- Erin’s House will cover the shipping and shipping insurance costs as a courtesy to the winning bidder. The Bourbon will be insured for the amount of the winning bid. By accepting the option to ship The Bourbon, you are accepting all associated risks. The Bourbon can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Hand deliver may be arranged depending on location.
- Email Audrey@erinshouse.org to confirm possibility.
- The winning bid amount may be posted on the Erin’s House website and social media accounts.
- The winning bidder must remit payment to Erin’s House through credit card within 24 hours of the close of the auction.
- Erin’s House reserves the right to amend and/or modify the terms of the auction, or to withdraw the Bourbon from the auction, without notice.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and the Bourbon obtained through said auction. Each bidder agrees to release and hold harmless from any liability Erin’s House, all of its officers, directors, attorneys, affiliates, employees, volunteers, sponsors, and agents, of and from any and all claims and liability related to the auction and sale of the Bourbon.
- In order to bid, click “Comments” to the list below. Your First and Last Name (Name Field), Email Address (Email Field), and Phone Number (Website Field) are required. Enter your desired bid in the comments field.
- Once a bid/comment is made, an email is sent to administrator confirming the bid. Your bid will not appear until it has been confirmed by the administrator.
- Email Audrey@erinshouse.org for more information or questions.